Do you have what it takes to become a ropes course facilitator with Team Quest? The job description below can help you decide. If you think you'd be a good addition to our team, complete the online form, and we'll get in touch. Most of our hiring is in the spring months, but we also consider applications throughout the year.
Be responsible to the Director of Adventure Programs to ensure a safe, enjoyable and beneficial ropes course experience for clients.
Energetic, with good communication and interpersonal skills. Some previous experience with climbing, outdoor adventure programming, low/high ropes course activities or facilitation of team-building challenges desired, but not necessary.
Must be capable of:
- Wearing a seat harness for up to eight hours
- Hanging in a seat harness for up to 45 minutes
- Working in the outdoors for up to 10 consecutive hours
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Sustaining sudden tugs or pulling on the waist/hips while belaying
- Providing leadership and supervision to groups involved with the Team Quest program, including orienting groups to proper, safe use and procedures in activities and ropes course use
- Completing training requirements and demonstrating skills with cooperative group games, low and high challenge course elements, knot tying, safe use of equipment (element hardware, helmets, harnesses, belay pieces, belay ropes, ladders) and set-up and take-down procedures
- Demonstrating knowledge of Team Quest policies and procedures
- Maintaining a quality working relationship with co-workers and user groups by working cooperatively, energetically and enthusiastically
- Assisting with equipment set-up and take-down as needed and properly storing equipment after each use
- Reporting, as soon as practical, any damage or deficiencies in program equipment and accidents or hazards on the course to the Director of Team Quest
- Demonstrating a commitment to Team Quest by conducting one's self in a professional manner
- Performing tasks deemed necessary by the director of Team Quest to ensure the success and further development of the Team Quest programs
- Assuring that the physical course is free of litter and that the environmental impact is minimal
Please fill out an application on our parent company site True Friends. Thanks for your interest in Team Quest!