Are you looking for a fun exciting outdoor work environment? Would you like to learn new skills and impact people’s lives? If you think you’d be a good addition to our team, complete the online form, and we’ll get in touch. Most of our hiring is in the spring months, but we also consider applications throughout the year.
Team Quest is a team building and leadership development program that is a part of the MN based non-profit True Friends. Team Quest works with a variety of groups (youth, corporate, and more) to develop team-building skills, increase trust, and build confidence. The revenue generated by Team Quest directly supports True Friends' mission to "provide life-changing experiences that enhance independence and self-esteem for children and adults with disabilities".
As a Team Quest Facilitator, you will lead groups of 10-20 participants through fun, meaningful, and purpose-driven programs. You will learn how to lead group discussion, operate our high ropes courses, and facilitate team building challenges at all of our camp locations.
What you will gain:
- Become adept with rope skills and belay techniques
- Learn team building games and challenges
- Improve your skill of speaking in front of groups
- Work with a variety of people
- Become part of a close team of Facilitators
We are looking for someone that is energetic, with good communication and interpersonal skills. Some previous experience with climbing, outdoor adventure programming, low/high ropes course activities or facilitation of team building challenges desired, but not necessary. Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Be responsible to the Director of Team Quest to ensure a safe, enjoyable, and meaningful ropes course experience for our clients.
- Wearing a seat harness for up to eight hours
- Hanging in a seat harness for up to 45 minutes
- Working in the outdoors for up to 10 consecutive hours
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Sustaining sudden tugs or pulling on the waist/hips while belaying
- Providing leadership and supervision to groups involved with the Team Quest program, including orienting groups to proper, safe use and procedures in activities and ropes course use
- Completing training requirements and demonstrating skills with cooperative group games, low and high challenge course elements, knot tying, safe use of equipment (element hardware, helmets, harnesses, belay pieces, belay ropes, ladders) and set-up and take-down procedures
- Demonstrating knowledge of Team Quest policies and procedures
- Maintain a quality working relationship with co-workers and user groups by working cooperatively, energetically and enthusiastically
- Assist with equipment set-up and take-down as needed and properly storing equipment after each use
- Reporting, as soon as practical, any damage or deficiencies in program equipment and accidents or hazards on the course to the Director of Team Quest
- Demonstrating a commitment to Team Quest by conducting one's self in a professional manner
- Performing tasks deemed necessary by the Director of Team Quest to ensure the success and further development of the Team Quest programs
- Assuring that the physical course is free of litter and that the environmental impact is minimal
This Job Sound Awesome! How do I apply?
We consider applications throughout the year.